Monday, September 03, 2007

It's that time again...

Time for school to start back up. It's my last year of seminary, and perhaps my last full year of formal education. I've been in school since I was 5.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Part of me is absolutely ready to be done with the regiment of sleep, class, read, write, test, repeat. I pretty much hate any time that I have to sit down and do homework. It often seems pointless. I don't feel that I really learn anything from writing a paper that regurgitates what I have read or heard from a professor. That isn't education. It's memorization. The more time I spend in higher education, the more it seems to me that I just get to be a mimic, firing back to a professor what they think.

There aren't many chances to write about what I think. Which I suppose is somewhat fortunate, since I'm not sure I have anything that important to say. But the point is, I am tired of professors ostensibly wanting to know what I think when in reality they only want to hear their own words coming out of the mouth of another. Welcome to academia.

End rant.

Other than school starting back up, life is great. I had an amazingly relaxing summer. I only worked a couple of days a week, and I spent the rest of the time being lazy and enjoying my last real summer break ever. I've been able to have a ton of free time to do what I wanted. And of course, I wasted most of it...haha.

Today is going to be a great day. I'm getting ready to draft a fantasy football team, then on to a Labor Day cookout/gathering, where there shall be Wii, Ping Pong and other festivities.

Life is good.

Peace...

No comments: