Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I hate moving...

Eventually, I'm hoping to get to a point where I actually update this thing regularly. You'd think this summer of working very little and being lazy very much would have been a perfect time for this to happen, but evidently not. But by request, I have returned to ramble on about whatever comes to mind.

I moved last week, leaving behind the wonderfully 1970's atmosphere of Turner Village for the more spacious (albeit equally retro) accommodations of President Park Apartment Complex. I now have a massive room, with enough floor space to actually walk around and the like, which, when compared to the labyrinth-like little path I had through my last bedroom, makes me feel almost spoiled. And to think I'm actually spending less money to live here! We even have a pool. So, while I do hate moving (especially when coupled with the fact that I'll be doing this again in only 10 months), the new place is better than the old one.

Here are some pics of the new room:

[Edit: The pics aren't showing up. I broke it.]

I've even got my own bathroom, which is actually something I have never had before. Of course, that means I'm the only one responsible for cleaning it. Dang it...

Anyway, moving out and then moving in have occupied most of my time over the last week. But now I'm just about settled in, and just in time for the summer to come to a close. I have exactly one month until classes start (AHHHH!) for my last year of education for the foreseeable future. My last year of school. Unless of course I decide to continue on and maybe get a D. Min or something crazy like that. But for now, the plan is to enter the real world come next May/June. I'm very ready to stop writing papers and taking tests, and yet I'm not completely excited about the prospect of no more summer breaks. C'est la vie, n'est-ce pas?

Let's see, what else has been going on recently.... Well, Jill's birthday was Thursday, 8/2, and we went to dinner with a group of friends and then went to Stone Mountain for the laser show. That was a lot of fun, even though a lot of people were out of town and unable to come. Boo them. They're all bad people who kick puppies and punch the elderly. I hadn't been to the laser show this summer, and I enjoyed it. I think most guys like the concept of lasers and explosions and fireworks and flamethrowers, and that was reinforced by the reactions from the guys who were with us. Good times were had by all. And we had some deliciously fantastic freshly-made taffy. So that was good too.

Of course, most of all I was glad to be there with Jill. I gotta say, being with her makes even the awesomeness of explosions and fire that much more awesome.

We have now reached the sappy portion of today's blog.

She's so much fun to be around; she makes me laugh pretty much every time I see her. Before we were dating, I never thought she'd be so goofy. She usually comes across as pretty serious (and she is), but when we're together, it seems like we're always laughing about something. That's one thing I really love about her- she makes me laugh. And I do love to laugh. Usually, I find myself making other people laugh, but Jill cracks me up on a regular basis, something that isn't easy to do. I do love that girl, very very much.

Speaking of laughing, I've been watching "My Name Is Earl" on DVD the last couple of days, and that show continues to grow on me even more. It's absolutely hilarious, and it is made even more enjoyable by the fact that it is able to push a good message (trying to be a better person) without bludgeoning you over the head with it. For those not in the know, Earl (played fantastically by Jason Lee, of Kevin Smith-movie fame) discovers the idea of karma after winning $100k and then being hit by a car. The show revolves around him trying to make up for all the crap he has done in the past; these actions are all on his list, and each episode has time trying to tackle something and fix it. It's extremely funny, and I recommend it highly.

Okay, I think I've rambled on long enough. Again, I'll try to be more timely in my updates. I'd ideally like to update this thing everyday, but I'm 99% sure I don't have enough thoughts in my head to make that a worthwhile pursuit. I am boring. Very much so. But I'll do what I can; who knows? Maybe I'll stumble upon a good idea that will make updating daily easier. Some sort of gimmick or concept. I've seen people update their blog daily with what they eat, what they're thankful for, something that made them think that day, whatever. I'll try to find an angle with which to run. We'll see how that turns out...

Until next (hopefully sooner) time.

Peace...

No comments: