Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hire Me!

I need a job. Now. Someone hire me.

That's about the only thing going on right now for me, this slowly moving job search. I've sent out resume after resume, called place after place only to find the position has been filled. I can't seem to buy an interview, or even an email telling me what the time line is for the position search.

Which leaves me very frustrated, and torn as to what to do. Do I go to McDonalds and try to get a job there while I wait for something more, well, more befitting my calling? Of course, I'm not sure if they would even hire me- I've got to be gone for nearly two weeks over the next month and a half with the wedding and the honeymoon.

The whole thing is ridiculous. I'm trying not to be envious of all the Methodists out there who don't have to deal with this particular frustration. You all know that you have a job. It may not be in the best of locations or exactly what you wanted to do. But it's a job. It's something you're called to and want to do. It pays the bills. It gives you something to do with your day besides household chores and killing vast amounts of time on the internet playing games and reading ESPN.

I need a job. And I don't know what I can do to further facilitate the acquisition of said job. I am frustrated. I KNOW I am called to work with youth, that this is the vocational passion of my life. While not trying to sound arrogant, I know I will be good at this kind of job. If only I can get it.

So I wait. I'm trying to wait patiently on the Lord (and the Lord's followers) as the Good Book says.

But the bills are stacking up, though not as high as the mountain of unknowing and frustration that comes from not having gainful employment. And on this mountain I sit, waiting.

Waiting...

No comments: