Saturday, January 03, 2009

Be it resolved...

That I will be much better at updating this thing in 2009.

That I will not go 4 or 5 months between posts.

That I will instead go no more than a week or so without sharing something with you. All one of you who read this thing.

Since the last time I wrote, it's been a busy few months. I have a job now (which is a big part of the reason I haven't updated more). I'm the Youth Director at Mount Pleasant UMC in Terre Haute. It's going very well. I've been working there since 9/15/08, and at this point I'm starting to get to know the youth better, building relationships with them and hopefully teaching them something. Last night we had a lock-in, with almost 40 youth, mainly middle schoolers. I feel like I spent 14 hours herding cats. But we had a good time (though they didn't seem to like the Zombie Tag game I adapted for our use). Overall it was a great time, but I'm exhausted. I feel old- I used to be able to pull an all-nighter with just a headache to show for it. But today I feel pretty much worthless....haha.

So, I'm going to wrap this up for now and go watch the Colts with Jill. And our dog, Kole, the mini-schnauzer (we didn't pick the name or the ridiculous spelling). We got him back in September. He's a character. I'll talk more about him later.

For now, I'm going to try to not fall asleep on the couch. I'll be back soon with something of more substance.

Peace...

No comments: