Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Yet another boring update...

It's been a long time since my last update- end of semester press and all. Lots of paper writing and reading. But on the bright side, I am done with forced academic work until September, leaving me free to engage in much more useful and beneficial stuff- that is, non-forced academic work. Translation- stuff in which I have an actual vested interest, namely working with the youth group at Briarlake, and "independent study."

I've already started reading some of the stuff I want to read this summer. Today I found a copy of "Fight Club" at a local used book store, so I'm about 3/4 the way done with that. I love that book, and the movie.

What else have I been up to? I spent a little over a week at home, visiting people at Transy and spending time with the fam. After finishing up my work for the semester (including a marathon session that resulted in 35 pages or writing in 2 days), Iturned the papers in and bolted for my old Kentucky home, God's country. I spent a few days at Transy, and was able to see just about everyone I intended to see, and even got some "bonus time" with people I didn't expect to see, including but not limited to Jon and Hutch (shout out). Good times. Then I went home, and did the family thing, also good times (for the most part).

Now I have two weeks here to do basically nothing, which I find to be glorious. The only thing I really need to do is get in touch with the people at Briarlake to set up when I will be starting, and to find out more about what exactly I will be doing. Other than that, nothing. It's going to be wonderful.

So, now that the boring recap of my actions is complete, I suppose I should talk about something of substance. Hmm... yeah, I got nothin'. I've never been accused of having substance anyway, other than the physical. I'll think about it and get back to you. Seeing as how my schedule has cleared up, I imagine I'll be updating this more often, so the two or three of you who actually read this can get pumped about that! I am Jack's wasted sarcasm and self-deprecating humor.

Peace...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»