Saturday, March 11, 2006

WOO! Spring Break is here...

Finally. After a long week, Spring Break is finally here.

So, to recap the week...

I was supposed to hear from the people at Briarlake on Monday. I didn't. Instead I spent the entire day doing homework for the week, so I could study for my Old Testament test on Thursday.

Went to class on Tuesday, nothing eventful. Spent Tuesday night and all Wednesday studying (except for a few hours for class Wed. night). Still no word from Briarlake. I am Jack's confusion.

Thursday morning. Cram session for Old Testament, a test over 15 different prophets. Gah. Too much information. Anyway, as I'm outlining an essay about the gendered metaphors in Hosea 1-2, Jeremiah 2-3, and Ezekiel 16, I get the call...

Good news! They want me for Con Ed. And they want me for the summer. And they want to pay me. I am Jack's rampant enthusiasm. I'm going to meet with them soon to iron out some details, so more on that as it develops.

1:00pm. Zero Hour. Prophecy in Israel, here I come. We begin, and I look over the test. Nothing too crazy. I rush through, barely finish the exam. Overall, I feel very good about it.

Thursday was great.

Spring Break began Friday afternoon, after working at my current Con Ed site. I've just been relaxing, hanging out with some people, etc. Spent the better part of today cleaning. I'm about to go to the airport and pick up Colleen, who is spending Spring Break here in A-Town. We're gonna go to the new Georgia Aquarium on Monday, and the Coke Museum some time next week. It should be a blast.

So, it's been a great, but busy week. I'm sure everyone is thrilled with the excitement that has been my last few entries. I'll try to come up with something a little more intruiging soon...

Off to the airport. Let's pray I don't get lost...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! You didn't get lost going to the airport! yay! Which is always nice considering you were picking me up! :) I had a real great time this week! And I wish I was still there! It's cold here! Supposed to be 40 tomorrow... Bleh... Oh well! I had an awesome time this week! You rock! :) Talk to you soon!

~Colleen